The Certified Patient Service Specialist (CPSS) program establishes
a national standard of excellence that recognizes and promotes the
professionalism of nonclinical staff by providing certification and
continuing education focused on increasing the quality of patient care.
Join the growing ranks of your colleagues who are using CPSS to offer a
professional development pathway for all nonclinical
employees, as well as to provide exciting new growth opportunities
for experienced staff.
Introduction to the CPSS Program Presentation:
Use this PowerPoint Presentation to present the CPSS program to your
physicians, managers, and staff. The presentation includes information
on why certification is important, how the program works, and the
benefits of achieving CPSS status.
The Benefits of CPSS Certification:
- Establishes the Certified Patient Service Specialist as a recognized professional in the medical practice.
- Creates a national standard of proficiency for nonclinical staff.
- Creates growth opportunities for experienced staff.
- Offers a professional development pathway for experienced and new employees.
- Provides a potential competitive advantage for the practice in third-party contracting.
- Establishes an expectation for continuing education through the recertification process.
- Indicates a high level of competency and commitment to patients.
- Offers a tangible employee benefit that supports staff retention.
- Highlights the encouragement and support of the physicians and administration.
- Offers competitive marketing advantages for the practice.
How the CPSS Program Works:
- Practice makes internal commitment to support the CPSS program.
- Practice submits application, one-time registration fee, and applicant fee for each eligible employee.
- Practice receives program materials, including a detailed Administrator's Guide to CPSS.
- Program administrator becomes familiar with all training materials.
- Employee receives online application instructions and login information from practice management.
- Employee studies guides and takes distance learning courses through BSM Consulting.
- Employee takes comprehensive computerized certification test with 130 questions.
- Employee is immediately notified of test results.
- Upon achieving passing score, employee receives a certificate of recognition and certification pin.
- A plaque will be given to practices when CPSS certification reaches 20% of the total number of practice employees.
- Employee must earn 15 CE hours to recertify every three years.
- Practice provides ongoing support of employees through continuing education opportunities.